Elections for the Capital Area Service Committee will be held Nov. 1 at 6:30 PM. We are also in need of a Grapevine Chairperson. The following is a description of CASC:
The Capital Area Service Committee (CASC) is a collaborative service effort of 9 (nine) districts (10, 11, 14A, 14B, 15A, 15B, 15C, 15D, and 16) in the local Baton Rouge Metropolitan area. Founded in early 1990, the committee consists of District Committee Members (DCMs), General Service Representatives (GSRs), committee chairs, and officers of the committee elected by the CASC body. Our intention is to aid in communications between groups, districts, and service committees throughout the service structure in carrying the AA message.
The committees that report at CASC every month are:
• Public Information and Cooperation with the Professional Community (PI/CPC)
• Treatment and Corrections (T & C)
• Workshop Committee, Grapevine Committee, Archives and Website
The stated purpose of CASC is to hold regular monthly meetings in an effort to:
• Carry the AA message to the alcoholic who still suffers.
• Inform our general membership about AA’s Steps, Traditions, and Concepts for World Service.
• Form such committees as may be necessary to carry out our purpose and to receive monthly reports from these committees.
• Disburse such money as necessary to carry out our purposes.
• Provide a forum for the exchange of information between this organization and any other AA service committees.
• Assist the DCM’s and GSR’s in discharging their responsibilities as outlined in the AA Service Manual.
CASC meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM at the Baton Rouge Central Office.