The Corrections Committee works to coordinate with correctional facilities to carry the message to those alcoholics who reside in these facilities.
This committee provides valuable support to men and women seeking recovery in local, county, and state jails, as well as state and federal prisons.
Sober alcoholics are always needed to:
- Lead meetings inside correctional facilities.
- Deliver literature that is purchased with donations given for that purpose.
- Volunteer in the Correspondence Program to answer letters from inmates.
- Help get inmates to their first AA meetings upon release.
- Represent the committee by setting up informational tables at workshops and conventions.
To learn more or to become involved in these activities, please contact email@example.com.
If you are interested in corresponding with an inmate, please go to AA General Service Office website. There is a form available to complete and send in to get started with this service work.